Student Assistant Position
Structured Environment is offering a student assistant position, from January 2019, for a minimum of six months, on a two or three days work/w basis.
Structured Environment is a structural and civil engineering practice, based in Tokyo, London, and recently installed in Copenhagen. The three studios are continually interacting with each other, which enables us to be the link between Europe and Asia.
We pride ourselves to offer a bespoke engineering and tailored service to our clients, ranging from material design to project management, and includes structural design and detailing, for new builds and refurbishments. Our portfolio includes residential and civic buildings, but also transportation infrastructure and special structures. We believe engineering is about doing more with less, and within our collaborations we seek a total which is more than the sum of its parts.
The position we offer consist in :
- Working on international projects, both in Japan, Denmark and potentially UK;
- Supporting the production of project documentation, calculations and drawings;
- Supporting daily work of the team;
- 2 to 3 days work/w, flexible depending on availability and university requirements;
- Salary depending on experience, and availability.
You would gain :
- Knowledge and experience about structural design of complex structures;
- An opportunity to develop your creativity, your imagination and to bring on new ideas;
- An insight into the everyday challenges of engineers;
We are looking for someone who :
- Is following on a MSc course in Structural or Civil Engineering;
- Has a keen interest and a strong knowledge of structural design;
- Is a proficient user of Autocad (use of Rhino/Grasshopper would be a plus)
- Can use a structural analysis software (Robot, Midas Gen, ...)
- Is fluent in Danish and English;
- Is both a good team player and can show autonomy.
If you are interested, please contact us :
Structured Environment ApS
Consulting Structural and Civil Engineers
Blox, Bryghuspladsen 8, Indgang C, 3 sal, 1473, København K, Denmark
Phone N°: (+45) 2876 2554